Thursday, July 11, 2013

Graduation Party!

We celebrated James' high school graduation on Sunday July 7th. We had way too much food but had a great time and lots of laughs.  Anthony's mom, my mom, brother, sister, brother in law, two nephews, two of James' friends and a girlfriend to one of the boys came over.  We had grilled chicken, pork burgers, hot dogs, Italian pasta salad, cucumber/onion/tomato salad, cole slaw, baked beans, chips, striped delight, cherry delight and chocolate chip dip along with a variety of sodas.  Between myself and the 3 kids, we cooked/prepared a good portion of the day on Saturday.  However, our work was not in vain, we thoroughly enjoyed the company and the food was amazing if I do say so myself.  I did receive several compliments so I do think it was good.  James was given the option of a graduation cake or desserts and he picked desserts.  He is just not that into cake.  I love how all the cousins get along.  Nathaniel and Coleton who are 15 months apart in ages get along great.  Coleton is the tall one, even taller than his mom.  He and Nathaniel got to ride bikes and go to the elementary school for a bit to shoot some basketball.  Hallie and Tobias get along just as well.  Tobias is 3 1/2 years younger than Hallie.  They played very well together and Tobias loved playing with Charley.  Charley is a pug/terrier mix, completely opposite of his dog, Dega, which is  Great Dane. Even James and Tobias got along well with James holding Tobias and turning him upside down. We missed our niece, Dakota.  Dakota is now working as a hostess in Marion and she had to work Sunday evening.  I knew the time would come when my kids/niece/nephew would have jobs and would miss family gatherings.  I'm still not ready for it though.  All too soon the party ended and it was time for everyone to go home.  We totally enjoyed the day and hope that our guests did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment