Monday, July 1, 2013

June 2013 - Reviewed

June started off with a full week of Vacation Bible School.  I handle the registration/attendance position along with a very helpful assistant.  Hallie enjoyed spending time in the nursery with the little ones.  Anthony was off Monday and Tuesday and got to be there to help out also.

The second week of June found the boys at the annual Christ in Youth conference in Anderson IN.  Christ in Youth is a week-long conference designed to take the kids into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ.  There is a lot of fun and games and a lot of intense worship.  They left at 5:30 am on Monday and returned just before noon on Saturday.  They had a lot of stories to tell once they returned.

We celebrated Father's Day by attending worship services as we do almost every Sunday.  Then we went to Vincennes to Applebee's.  James treated us to lunch since he had a gift card that he had not used and had no plans of using.  Such a great kid!  I am not sure what else we did for Father's Day.  I know it included a quick trip to Hibbett Sports and Wal Mart.

I got a new bicycle on the 18th.  It is a single speed, coaster brakes bike... just perfect for me.  If it would stop raining, I would have more ride time in.  I've walked quite a few days during June so I don't really want to do all biking but I need to establish a schedule so I can get both forms of exercise in.  I'm not really dieting but I am working on watching what I eat.  I've been trying to include more vegetables and fruits into my diet. I've discovered that I really like yogurt/milk/banana smoothies but am sort of burned out on them.  I need to try other fruits to start my morning out.

Bright and early on Saturday morning the 22nd, we headed out to Evansville to the 4-H Center so that Anthony and James could participate in the most colorful run of their lives.  It was a warm day (2nd day of summer and summer came in like a lion) but they got to get their color on.  It is a 5K run where they spray colored corn starch at you and you are given a baggy of color to throw also.  They also had liquified color they were spraying on people before the run started.  Although hot, it was a good time.  Then we had lunch at Bob Evans.  We were served by what has to be the best server ever.  She was so friendly to us and most definitely earned her tip.  She treated us like family!  After a trip to Best Buy and a couple of other stops we headed for home.  I had received alerts on my iPhone that Richland County was receiving a large amount of rain.  Well, as we were passing the Parkersburg curves, water was starting to go over the road at one of the curves.  We continued north and passed through some more completely flooded over the road areas.  Just north of Calhoun, we came to a stop and cars were turning around.  We traveled some more roads and each time came to the point of having to turn around.  Shortly thereafter, we discovered through Facebook that Route 130 was back open.  We finally arrived home about 13 hours after our day started.

Anthony and I celebrated our 21st Engagement Anniversary on the 26th.  We went out to Monical's where we each had an Italian Beef sandwich.  We had a Buy One Get One Free email from their "dipping club" so it was one of the cheapest dates that we have had.  We have had many dates in the almost 22 years that we have been a couple.

I've also started taking more pictures with my camera.  I've experimented quite a bit with the different settings and have gotten pretty good at it.  I will be sharing some of those pictures or they can also be seen in my Facebook albums.

Nathaniel completed his Drivers Ed classes this month.  He was at CIY when the other kids got their learners permits so Anthony and I took him on the 18th.  He still needs to drive with the instructors and will need at least 50 hours driving with a parent so Anthony and I have our work cut out.

June went by extremely fast also!   I can't believe that this year is half over!  Hopefully I will get into the habit of blogging more often.  I really enjoy it but just don't take the time to "put fingers to keyboard" said instead of "pen to paper".  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment