Thursday, July 25, 2013

Staying Busy

My last post was about the Fair Queen Pageant...

The next night was a Ladie's Night Get Together held at The Holiday in town.  Ladies from our church, Elm Street Christian Church and Antioch Christian church united for an evening of fellowship and food.  We gathered, ate and watched a short video that featured Patsy Clairmont.  I had a good time and I think that everyone else did too.  I spoke to a couple of ladies from our church and hear that another night is being planned for sometime in August.  I hope that I am free to attend.

On Wednesday July 10th, our family went to the Richland County Fair together.  We went through the Community Building and got to see the 4-H exhibits along with fair exhibits from other members of the county.  We followed that with a funnel cake and 4-H lemon shakeups.  Then we went through the livestock barns and saw the animals.  It is really neat to see the animals that are raised and shown by the youth, many of whom we have known for years.

Thursday, as I generally do every Thursday, I attended the weekly Godsippers Bible Study at The Masters Hands.  It is a women's study and we usually watch a video series.  I never fail to come away feeling so blessed to have been with such wonderful women.  We are all at different places in our lives, but the one thing that ties us together is our desire to learn more about being Godly women.

On Friday, I came home from work and promptly fell asleep.  If I remember right, I woke up to a yummy dinner made by my lovely husband.  I love waking up to the smell of his cooking.

I've gotten into the habit of getting up on Saturday's and going out to the Farmers Market.  This time along with some fresh produce, I also got a daylily that is supposed to have phenomenal  blossoms.  It was not blooming so time with tell on that.  Also, if I remember right, a dahlia.  It was blooming but that blossom has shrank.  It has two buds so once it blooms I will take a picture and ask my flower friend, Amy, what it is.

The next week was just work and play, more work than play as I had a 40 hour work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment